Many people think of cleaning as a chore, but periodic maintenance on your household appliances can save you from a long list of repairs. Regular upkeep, such as replacing worn parts, will improve the appliance’s efficiency while saving you money as well. Take 10 minutes of your time to read these quick and easy maintenance tips.
Professional Appliance Maintenance Tips by Mix Repairs London
Make Sure Oven Door Has A Tight Seal:
- Over 20% of your oven’s heat can escape if the door is not sealed properly.
- Open the oven door and find the rubber gasket around the edge of the door.
- Feel for any broken or torn areas on your seal. Close the door and see if you can find any leaks.
- Replace the gasket if necessary.
Clean or Replace Vent Filters:
- Metal-mesh grease filters can be washed by hand with soap and water or you can put them in your dishwasher for a better cleaning.
- Do not try to wash charcoal or paper filters; they have to be replaced.
Clean Stovetop Drip Pans:
- Remove drip pans from under your burners.
- Pre-soak the drip pans in cleaning solution for 5 minutes. Then wash with soap and water and replace.
- Don’t forget to clean drip pans immediately after spills. If spills burn into the pans you will have to replace them.
Cleaning The Coils In Your Refrigerator:
- Depending on your fridge, the coils are either behind the kick plate or at the back of the fridge.
- Use a shop-vac or handheld vacuum to suck up any loose dirt or dust particles.
- Vacuum out the coils every 6-12 months.
Change The Water Filter In Your Fridge:
- Filters that don’t remove impurities efficiently may expose you and your family to harmful water.
- Follow water filter instructions, every filter is different. However, most are very simple turn the filter one-quarter inch and pop it out or lock it back in place.
- Change filters every 3-6 months to ensure proper water condition and usage.
Fix Rusty Dish Racks:
- If your dish racks are rusty, the rust can stick to your dishes and silverware and ruin them.
- Purchase a dish rack repair kit.
- Use a sealer to adhere the tips over any rusty or chipped racks.
- Let the sealer dry for at least 24 hours before running your dishwasher again.
Cleaning The Garbage Disposal:
- Make sure the disposal is turned off before beginning.
- Look in the drain for any stuck items. Don’t stick your hands or fingers in the disposal. Use tongs or another utensil to fish stuck items out.
- Create a mixture of ice cubes and salt and pour it down the drain. Run cold water down the drain for 10 seconds and then turn the disposal on.
- To deodorize the disposal, put a handful of citrus peels in the disposal, run cold water down the drain and turn the disposal on.
Clean The Dryer Vent Annually:
Lint in your dryer vent is a fire hazard; clean the vent annually.
- Loosen the clamp and pull the vent off the back of the dryer.
- Remove excess lint from the vent and the hole in the back of the dryer. Use a coat hanger to carefully remove any lint that you can’t reach with your hands.
- Vacuum all the excess small lint.
- Re-attach the vent.
If you need quality appliance repair service in London call 0203 7737 520!
Check Washing Machine Hoses:
- Most washing machine accidents are caused by leaks in the hose.
- Remove the panel on the back of your washing machine.
- Search for any leaks or weak spots in your hoses.
- Replace the hose if necessary.
Clean Your Air Conditioner Filter Monthly:
- Unscrew the front panel of your unit.
- Replace disposable filter or clean off as much dirt as possible off a re-usable one.
- Clean your filter every month.