Your Bosch tumble dryer plays an important role in your household. It saves you a lot of time as it quickly and efficiently dries your clothes. However, due to certain technical issues – both big and small – your Bosch tumble dryer may display error codes, leave your clothes wet or simply malfunction. This is why it’s important to know what the different error codes on the display mean and see if there are easy fixes you can apply to address the problems.
Bosch tumble dryer error codes
From your Bosch condenser tumble dryer not drying to your Bosch condenser dryer having all lights flashing, this may seem like a cause for concern. However, there are some quick and simple fixes you can make yourself before calling in a professional Bosch technician. Let’s take a look at the different Bosch tumble dryer error codes you might see, what they mean and how to fix them.
E01 and E02
These error codes appear when the dryer has become blocked with fabric softener residue or fluff. To fix this issue, you should clean the dryer’s filter after every drying cycle.
If you see this error, you should know that your condensation drainage hose has been blocked or is kinked. You should check the hose and see that it has no kinks. To do this, loosen the hose clip on the siphon, carefully remove the drainage hose and then clean the hose and siphon spigot.
This Bosch tumble dryer E error code means that there is a fault with the heating circuit and this should only be addressed by an experienced Bosch appliance technician.
E08, E09, E24, E25, E28 and E90
If you see any of the abovementioned error codes, they indicate that there is a fault with the electronics. This type of Bosch tumble dryer problem should only be resolved by an experienced Bosch appliance repair technician.
Typical Bosch condenser tumble dryer faults
Apart from the abovementioned error codes, your dryer may give you other problems as well. Here’s a brief overview of what the main issue might be:
- Power issues: the first and most obvious error is that your Bosch tumble dryer may not be plugged in properly or the circuit breaker has flipped. You should check that the tumble dryer’s plug is plugged in properly (and not using an extension cord) as well as check the circuit breaker for any switches that are in the off position.
- Door not closing properly: check that there are no obstructions around the door of your tumble dryer such as loose clothing. Ensure that the door closes with a solid click sound. If you don’t hear this sound, it’s possible that the door mechanism is faulty or that something is blocking the door from closing completely. This is an important safety feature that should be paid attention to.
- When your dryer won’t turn on: this could be caused by the fact that no drying cycle has been chosen, the child lock setting is on or the delayed start function might be engaged. Check for each of these options and deal with each one accordingly.
- Defective start switch: the start switch indicates to the rest of the machine that it needs to be powered. However, a defective start switch will not start the tumble dryer and it will not work. The switch needs to be tested through the use of multimeter testing and if the test shows that the start switch is not working, it may need to be replaced.
- Blown thermal fuse: a blown thermal fuse can be the result of one of two things. Firstly, it can indicate that the fuse is preventing the dryer from overheating and has subsequently blown. The second reason is that it has blown because of a defect. You should check that the vents are not clogged when looking at the thermal fuse but always do so with caution and while ensuring that the appliance is not connected to a power source. If you are struggling to address this issue, it’s time to call in the professionals.
A Bosch tumble dryer will display various error codes when something is wrong with the appliance. In many cases, these are not major sources of concern. However, when it comes to things like a defective start switch or a blown thermal fuse, it is time to get professional help. At MIX Repairs, our technicians can provide a quick and efficient service for all your Bosch appliance needs. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us whenever you need a helping hand.