Hotpoint tumble dryers are designed to ensure a thorough drying process without harming fabrics. Features include anti-ageing and anti-tangle programmes with variable heat settings. And intelligent sensors monitor moisture levels and stop when laundry has reached the level of dryness you requested.
Sound good? But what happens when things don’t work according to plan? See common Hotpoint tumble dryer problems here…
Hotpoint Tumble Dryer Issues
Hotpoint tumble dryer problems may include the following:
Hotpoint tumble dryer not heating
This points to a snag with the heating element or the thermostat. Most dryers have a cycling thermostat that controls the temperature by opening and closing continuously. And a safety thermostat that opens if the temperature gets too hot. If either of these isn’t working properly the tumble dryer won’t heat.
If the heating element is faulty this will also affect the dryer’s ability to heat. As it can be difficult to determine which of these components is at fault you may need an experienced repair technician to source the problem, and resolve it by repairing or replacing the malfunctioning parts.
Hotpoint tumble dryer drum not turning
If the drum in your tumble dryer doesn’t turn this could be the result of a defective drive belt. Belts can easily become worn, slip, or even snap. Other reasons for this failure can be related to the rear drum bearing wearing through. A worn pulley can also cause the belt to come off and get stuck.
Hotpoint tumble dryer all lights flashing
When multiple lights are flashing on your tumble dryer and you’re unable to select a programme this indicates a software fault and you’ll need to contact a service engineer.
Be Hotpoint Tumble Dryer Error Code Savvy
Hotpoint tumble dryer fault codes are prefixed with the letter F followed by a number. Look at a range of error codes and their meanings below:
- F01 – electronic circuit board fault – some or all of the functions aren’t selectable, and the tumble dryer simply won’t work
- F02 – motor circuit fault – the drum won’t rotate or rotates intermittently during the cycle.
- F03 – temperature sensing fault – dryer not heating
- F05 – pump issue or blocked waste pipe – you may not be able to open the door and if you can water can still be in the drum
- F06 – faulty door lock – even when the door is closed the dryer won’t start
- F07 – electronic or heating circuit fault – the pump may run continuously without the appliance heating, and the cycle may stop partway thorough
- F08 – heater fault – this will again cause the dryer to stop partway through the programme
- F09 – software fault – as explained above multiple lights will flash in the display and the tumble dryer won’t work
- F11 – a pump circuit fault – resulting in the water not being pumped out and remaining in the machine
- F12 – electronic control fault – the tumble dryer won’t turn on
- F18 – internal data error – some or all of the functions won’t work
Bear in mind that depending on your model these fault codes may be accompanied by a number of flashing lights on the display. And the error codes above don’t relate to all Hotpoint tumble dryers.
These error codes are designed to help you locate the source of the problem – but you may need an engineer with Hotpoint tumble dryer expertise to fix any issues for you.
Call in the Experts
Get a guaranteed repair for your Hotpoint tumble dryer from appliance repair specialists. You can request a quick quote, and you won’t have to pay a call-out charge. Only fully qualified and highly trained engineers will carry out your work – and all parts and labour come with a six-months guarantee. Your Hotpoint tumble dryer won’t be experiencing problems for long.