Choosing a new kitchen appliance can be exciting. There’s such a great range of products available. However, you need to determine if you want gas or electric to get the right option for you. Take a look at gas vs electrical appliances here…
Professional appliance tips by Mix Repairs London
Natural gas is almost always cheaper and can save you up to a third on your energy bills. But many homes aren’t set up for gas only. Converting from one system to another can be expensive and gas appliances may cost more initially, but they will save you money over time. And it’s the more eco-friendly option.
There are a few safety issues with both gas and electrical appliances that you need to know. You need proper ventilation for gas appliances to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning – installing a carbon monoxide alarm will solve this problem.
You need to install and maintain electrical appliances correctly to avoid fire risks. You need to keep up to date and use according to manufacturer’s instructions to stay safe.
Choosing a gas or electric oven is just a matter of individual preference. It often depends on how you cook to establish which is more convenient. See the pros and cons of both here…
Gas ovens pros:
Long life span and can be used during power cuts
- Long life span and can be used during power cuts
- Fewer parts so easier to maintain
- Fast and even heat on the hobs
- Don’t dry food out making them ideal for roasts, cakes, and casseroles
- Instant control over flame and temperature
Gas oven cons:
- Pilot lights use a lot more gas than electronic ignition systems
- Heat distribution without a fan is uneven so food must be rotated
- Need professional installation
Electric oven pros:
- Cheaper to purchase and install
- Oven heats evenly and quickly
- Hobs are easier to clean without coil burners
- New steam convection ovens provide moisture for slowly baked dishes
Electric oven cons:
- Hob control isn’t as precise as gas
- It takes about three times as much energy to produce and deliver electricity
- Hobs tend to hold heat longer risking burning
You can still choose gas or electricity for your clothes dryer. Gas dryers are cheaper to operate but more expensive to buy.
Gas dryer benefits:
- Substantial savings made on utility bills in the long-term
- Clothes are dried faster using less energy
- Minimal electricity used
Electric dryer benefits:
- Cheaper to but initially
- May not require a venting system
- Ideal for laundry rooms that need a ventless appliance
If there are gas or electric connections to your fireplace already it’s often more cost-effective to leave them as they are. There are pros and cons for both:
- Use a real flame to create the warm atmosphere
- Not cheap to operate
- Create heat without the real flame
- Radiate heat from warmed coils
- Are more efficient than gas
- Are safer due to staying cool to the touch
No matter Gas or Electric oven… if you need quality repair call us at 0203 7737 520!
When Things go Wrong
Even a relatively new appliance can have issues – that’s when you need to call in the professionals. Search online for bookings that can be made on the same or the next day. Get quotes before your service begins – and make sure your repairs are carried out by trained and qualified engineers.
Reputable appliance repair companies will guarantee their work for six months covering parts and labor too. And will repair all models and brands for a really competitive price.